3.1.0 – 2016-11-14¶
You can view the 3.1.0 milestone on GitLab for more details.
--bug-reportflag to make issue reporters’ lives easier.
- Collect configuration files from the current directory when using our Git hook. (See also GitLab#210, GitLab#218, GitLab#223)
- Avoid unhandled exceptions when dealing with SyntaxErrors. (See also GitLab#214, GitLab#238)
- Exit early if the value for
--diffis empty. (See also GitLab#226)
- Handle empty
--stdin-display-namevalues. (See also GitLab#235)
- Properly report the column number of Syntax Errors. We were assuming that all reports of column numbers were 0-indexed, however, SyntaxErrors report the column number as 1-indexed. This caused us to report a column number that was 1 past the actual position. Further, when combined with SyntaxErrors that occur at a newline, this caused the position to be visually off by two. (See also GitLab#237)
- Fix the behaviour of
--enable-extensions. Previously, items specified here were still ignored due to the fact that the off-by-default extension codes were being left in the
ignorelist. (See also GitLab#239)
- Fix problems around
--ignorebehaviour that prevented codes that were neither explicitly selected nor explicitly ignored from being reported. (See also GitLab#242)
- Truly be quiet when the user specifies
-qone or more times. Previously, we were showing the if the user specified
--show-source. We have fixed this bug. (See also GitLab#245)
- Add new File Processor attribute,
previous_unindented_logical_lineto accommodate pycodestyle 2.1.0. (See also GitLab#246)
- When something goes wrong, exit non-zero. (See also GitLab#248, GitLab#209)
--teeas an option to allow use of
--output-fileand printing to standard out.
- Allow the git plugin to actually be lazy when collecting files.
- Allow for pycodestyle 2.1 series and pyflakes 1.3 series.